Houston Child Support Enforcement

Information provided by our Houston Divorce Lawyers

Photo of GavelIf you are a single parent raising your children alone, you most likely depend on child support payments from the other parent to make ends meet. When you don’t receive these payments, it can be frustrating financially and emotionally. Fortunately, there are options for you if the other parent has failed to make past child support payments on time.

Your Options for Enforcing a Child Support Agreement

When a non-custodial parent fails to make required child support payments, you can file a lawsuit requesting that the court enforce the child support order. Failure to pay child support can result in the following collection actions:

  • Entering a judgment for past-due child support
  • Withholding child support payments from the non-custodial parent’s paycheck
  • Filing liens against the non-custodial parent’s property
  • Suspending the non-custodial parent’s driver’s license and professional licenses
  • Sending the non-custodial parent to jail

In addition to requiring the delinquent parent to pay past-due amounts, Texas courts can also charge interest on missed child support payments.

Assistance from the Houston Divorce Lawyers at John K. Grubb & Associates, P.C.

If you are facing child enforcement issues, a Houston divorce attorney at John K. Grubb & Associates, P.C., is available to assist you. Our attorneys understand the Texas legal system and we know how to aggressively pursue all available avenues for obtaining the child support you need to provide for your children. For assistance with recovering child support payments, contact a Houston divorce lawyer at John K. Grubb & Associates, P.C., today.